Notice: You have been identified as a bot, so no internal UID will be assigned to you. If you are a real person messing with your useragent, you should change it back to something normal.

Minichan

Topic: Do you agree with this statement

jump !VIfloDyEYo started this discussion 16 years ago #557

The more intolerant the population of an area is, the more religious the average person will be.

(I hope I didn't word that poorly, it sounded much better in my head).

I wouldn't feel comfortable saying the reverse is true. It just seems like the same environment that would breed rampant intolerance would also be a perfect breeding ground for religion.

Ignorance will be pretty prevalent. There will probably be a good deal of isolation as well. People would probably be extremely receptive to information given by their elders but not foreign sources (such as the news media, educators).

What are your thoughts?
Poll option Votes Percentage Graph
I would agree 10 71%
I would disagree 4 29%

The Magogo„¢ !!F0+vKzoih joined in and replied with this 16 years ago, 3 hours later[^] [v] #11,085

A notable exception would be North Korea.

Anonymous C joined in and replied with this 16 years ago, 2 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^] [v] #11,087

@previous (The Magogo„¢ !!F0+vKzoih)
You seem to have a slight fixation with the northernmost Korea.

Unintentional Jackass !LASXURl1b6 joined in and replied with this 16 years ago, 3 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^] [v] #11,088

@11,085 (The Magogo„¢ !!F0+vKzoih)
KJIism is a religion too~!

Anonymous E joined in and replied with this 16 years ago, 10 hours later, 14 hours after the original post[^] [v] #11,909

I completely disagree. Furthermore you provided no compelling evidence to convince people of your statement.

jump !VIfloDyEYo (OP) replied with this 16 years ago, 6 hours later, 20 hours after the original post[^] [v] #12,582

@previous (E)
It was merely what I have observed. However, I would use DMs example as proof, see below...

@11,085 (The Magogo„¢ !!F0+vKzoih)
But aren't the NOrth Korians very religious? The devotion and worship of Dear Leader is beyond anything else I have witnessed. NK fits perfectly with what I have said.
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.