Minichan

Topic: LOL ArtCraft stole Adobe's code and now has the whole Adobe Creative Suite FREE

Anonymous A started this discussion 52 minutes ago #138,294

And open source!

https://getartcraft.com/apps

Anonymous A (OP) double-posted this 23 minutes ago, 28 minutes later[^] [v] #1,462,776

I downloaded the Photoshop one. It really looks and acts just like Photoshop, with full functionality!

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 17 minutes ago, 5 minutes later, 34 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,777

It looks vibe coded

Anonymous A (OP) replied with this 13 minutes ago, 4 minutes later, 39 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,778

@previous (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)
Not sure, but it works just like Photoshop in every way.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc replied with this 11 minutes ago, 1 minute later, 40 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,779

Idk, I mean, if it was something somebody put actual effort into, it would be interesting, but the way they’re marketing it as just a free clone of something else, idk what I think about that in terms of legality.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 6 minutes ago, 4 minutes later, 45 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,780

I think open source projects are cool, I use open source software all the time, but it’s software that people actually put effort into, and they’re not just clones of things that already exist. I guess I don’t see what the point is exactly, since nothing was really invented.

Anonymous A (OP) replied with this 6 minutes ago, 33 seconds later, 46 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,781

@1,462,779 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)
Ok I got it wrong. They did not "steal" the code. They apparently reverse engineered it. It's a clone, but it's free and open source. Instead of paying Adobe monthly for life and ending up paying them hordes of money, you can gt 100% exact replica for free.

Anonymous A (OP) double-posted this 5 minutes ago, 26 seconds later, 46 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,782

@1,462,780 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)
The point is that you don't have to pay Adobe for their software.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc replied with this 49 seconds ago, 4 minutes later, 51 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,462,783

Yeah, I wasn’t sure about this at first, they are trying to make money off of this.

https://getartcraft.com/pricing

I think I’m not cool with this.
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.