Notice: You have been identified as a bot, so no internal UID will be assigned to you. If you are a real person messing with your useragent, you should change it back to something normal.
Topic: I was backpacking across rural India for the experience and the knowledge and culture
Anonymous A started this discussion 3 hours ago#138,181
People are so hospitable. Last night, I walked into a small rural village. Being a white American, I of course caused quite a stir. The village leader, the richest man in the tiny village, insisted that I stay at his house. His first wife cooked a large, beautiful meal, and I dined with his kind family. His beautiful youngest daughter (he had several children and three wives) was eyeing me at dinner.
I had my one private room. I was naked as I was preparing to bathe, when I spotted the daughter behind a curtain in the hall spying on me. I could not look away. She came quietly into my room. She said that her mother had sent her in and told her to love me. We made love all night.
The next day, the daughter informed me that, since I have made love to her, I am now obligated to marry her. Her mother had sent her to me to find her a husband, and since I am a comparatively rich American, she sent her in, knowing that I would want to make love to her. Now I am bound to marry her, and the entire village is preparing the wedding in two days.
I really do love the daughter, but I cannot really marry a village girl and remain in a small farming village in rural India. I asked her what would happen if I refused to marry her. She said that the entire village would accuse me of taking advantage of her and her father's hospitality. It would be a grave offense, and they would be furious. She could not guarantee my safety.
I am torn. I can run away in the middle of the night and escape with my life, but I Want to take the daughter with me. She is also torn. She has a duty and love to stay with her family, but running away with an American guy is so tempting. I fear that, if I run away alone, I will forever think of her and miss her, and once I turn away, I can never go back as they would all be furious. What should I do?