Notice: You have been identified as a bot, so no internal UID will be assigned to you. If you are a real person messing with your useragent, you should change it back to something normal.

Minichan

Topic: I think I found the craziest city in Africa

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc started this discussion 2 hours ago #138,131

Goma.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) double-posted this 2 hours ago, 1 minute later[^] [v] #1,461,772

I thought Tokyo was bad… how do people live here and not feel anxiety? Do they know something I don’t about the next life?

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) triple-posted this 2 hours ago, 3 minutes later, 5 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,773

Apparently it erupted in 2021.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) quadruple-posted this 1 hour ago, 50 seconds later, 6 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,774

This is messed up! Why would you live next to this?

Killer Lettuce🌹 !HonkUK.BIE joined in and replied with this 25 minutes ago, 1 hour later, 1 hour after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,777

There actually are legitimate reasons why people would want to live next to a volcano. The soil is generally very fertile, valuable minerals, and these days probably lots of tourism revenue. All good reasons for a thriving town or city to spring up somewhere.

Also, while I'm not an expert on this, I think that usually if a volcano is being actively monitored there is some advance warning if it erupts, so there's time to evacuate. And it's not like eruptions are that common, generally. Generations can pass without any eruptions.
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.