Topic: I was under the impression that spoken Japanese and Chinese were completely different
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc started this discussion 4 hours ago #138,119
But I just was mindlessly scrolling on the internet and I realized that 爱 in Japanese sounds the same as in Chinese and also means the same thing.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) double-posted this 4 hours ago, 56 seconds later[^] [v] #1,461,681
Let me google this and find out that this is a coincidence and I’m stupid for bringing this up…
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) triple-posted this 4 hours ago, 1 minute later, 1 minute after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,682
Okay so I googled it and according to the AI response it’s not a coincidence, Japanese got the word from Chinese.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) quadruple-posted this 4 hours ago, 2 minutes later, 4 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,683
That actually makes sense though because why would Japanese use Chinese characters if China didn’t influence Japanese culture.
↕