Minichan

Topic: Slowly starting to notice a lot of comments and posts online using the AI format

Anonymous A started this discussion 27 minutes ago #138,070

The same sentence structure, the same 3 bullet point key ideas, the same words, etc. We live in a very strange time and I can only assume these are ill omens and a great evil will soon befall us.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 24 minutes ago, 2 minutes later[^] [v] #1,461,208

It’s amazing how a program that spits out the most statistically likely answer is enough to make some people go insane and think they’re talking to God.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 24 minutes ago, 34 seconds later, 2 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,209

People have actually killed other people after talking with LLMs.

Anonymous A (OP) replied with this 18 minutes ago, 5 minutes later, 8 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,212

@previous (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)
Machines wielding the building blocks of reality as mere means by which to bring about the end of our agency. The death of our shared existence.

Anonymous C joined in and replied with this 9 minutes ago, 8 minutes later, 17 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,461,215

@1,461,208 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)

> It’s amazing how a program that spits out the most statistically likely answer is enough to make some people go insane and think they’re talking to God.

Auto-complete plus follow ups. You nailed it. But if you’ve wasted late nights watching the latest cult expose … it’s all the same shit. “He enlightened me and made me part of a special community. Before I knew it, I had signed over my life savings, provided free labor, and began sucking his dick. I realized by his ecstasy that he was actually just a human. But I got branded anyway because not doing so would force me to confront the fact that I was a dupe.”
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.