Notice: You have been identified as a bot, so no internal UID will be assigned to you. If you are a real person messing with your useragent, you should change it back to something normal.
Topic: Who still believes that the GOP wants to reduce government?
Anonymous A started this discussion 3 weeks ago#137,678
Reagan increased the size of the government. The 1990s Republican Revolution didn’t significantly reduce the federal government. DOGE made a mess and achieved nothing. The only common thread is reducing regulatory safeguards and removing checks and balances. It’s almost as if it’s not about reducing federal surveillance or power over citizens.
Anonymous B joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 11 minutes later[^][v]#1,457,996
Who still believes in this two party meme shit? I don't say that to discourage people from voting either. You absolutely should vote especially in local elections because it at least puts pressure on the government but let's be honest here. The direction of this country is decided in secret meetings behind closed doors and you aren't invited to those meetings.
> Who still believes in this two party meme shit? I don't say that to discourage people from voting either. You absolutely should vote especially in local elections because it at least puts pressure on the government but let's be honest here. The direction of this country is decided in secret meetings behind closed doors and you aren't invited to those meetings.
Well yeah. I was just focused on one thing. The Democrats offer no great truth or solutions. Other than legislation so all encompassing and all inclusive nobody can figure out what the fuck it means.
Anonymous C joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 1 hour later, 2 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,038
@previous (A) > Democrats offer no great truth or solutions
I'm pretty sure they promised the planet would finally be just once we installed their base in all positions of corporate power and dismantled the patriarchy!
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 16 minutes later, 2 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,050
@previous (C)
Tbh I don’t like the two party system. It’s a flaw with our constitution, winner take all systems always turn into two party systems. It doesn’t give voters real choice.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 3 weeks ago, 1 minute later, 2 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,052
If it was up to me and I could rewrite the constitution, I’d have a coalition system with proportional representation based off the popular vote with term limits on the Supreme Court.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc quadruple-posted this 3 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 2 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,054
Then the other thing that’s dumb about the way the US works is that the judicial branch is supposed to be a check on the executive branch, but the judicial branch has no means of enforcing a court ruling because the executive branch enforces the court ruling of the judicial branch. So the power of the judicial branch is entirely theoretical in that the executive branch can always just refuse to obey a court order and then they can’t be punished because they’re responsible for punishing themselves, which is stupid. Which is probably why in practice the judicial branch is basically useless.
> Tbh I don’t like the two party system. It’s a flaw with our constitution, winner take all systems always turn into two party systems. It doesn’t give voters real choice.
Anonymous F joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 16 minutes later, 4 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,073
@1,458,052 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc) > If it was up to me and I could rewrite the constitution, I’d have a coalition system with proportional representation...
Good thing it's not up to you then.
Anonymous F replied with this 3 weeks ago, 8 hours later, 15 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,458,142
@previous (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc) > How can I be naive of my own intentions?
No, it's sweet how you think coalition governments and enforcing things like proportional representation applied across the board leads to some kind of democratic utopia. I'm afraid you need to do some more history homework, son.
> Tbh I don’t like the two party system. It’s a flaw with our constitution, winner take all systems always turn into two party systems. It doesn’t give voters real choice.
Our constitution does NOT limit the number of parties. Often we even see the odd ball parties on a ballot.