Chuffed !m8sJfgzmLE joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 4 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,536
I ended up just paying the chump tax and getting another crusty 8GB stick, this shortage ain't over even if the bubble pops today - gonna ride out the next 2 years on old gear (same with the cellphone). 2 more years I figure.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 1 hour later, 8 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,565
I need all 12 cores to compute these highly advanced HTML pages in my 5 chrome tabs. It’s just all the divs, you really need the 12 cores to be able to process all the hypertext. All the CSS. You know some websites have Gaussian blur backdrop filters? Do you even know how much hardware acceleration that requires? We’re doing some highly advanced stuff here.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 3 weeks ago, 1 minute later, 8 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,566
I do other stuff but it’s just fun to joke about chrome tabs. It is kinda funny we pay thousands of dollars for computers and 90% of the time everybody has Google Chrome open.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc triple-posted this 3 weeks ago, 6 minutes later, 8 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,567
Tbh it’s also kinda weird that Gaussian blur is so slow though because it’s a radially symmetric kernel, you can do a horizontal scan and then a vertical scan you don’t have to convolute a whole n by n kernel over the image
Anonymous L joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 5 hours later, 2 days after the original post[^][v]#1,458,178
@1,457,567 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc) > Tbh it’s also kinda weird that Gaussian blur is so slow though because it’s a radially symmetric kernel, you can do a horizontal scan and then a vertical scan you don’t have to convolute a whole n by n kernel over the image
It's because no matter which way you skin it, it's still at best an nlogn operation. The quickest algorithm is FFT, multiply, inverse FFT (a convolution is multiplication in Fourier space).
> I ended up just paying the chump tax and getting another crusty 8GB stick, this shortage ain't over even if the bubble pops today - gonna ride out the next 2 years on old gear (same with the cellphone). 2 more years I figure.
Cell phone prices shoot up next month. Hunt for deals. Unless you have a plan to swap your battery. (Remember how easy that was with flip phones?)
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 9 minutes later, 2 days after the original post[^][v]#1,458,182
@previous (M)
In the 2010s I remember the galaxy S4 had a removable battery even though it was a smartphone. Then one day Samsung realized that people want glass phones instead of plastic phones because it looks more expensive.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc triple-posted this 3 weeks ago, 3 minutes later, 2 days after the original post[^][v]#1,458,184
It had white plastic covering the board but it wasn’t really a perfect seal, I can’t find any good pictures of it that don’t have the white plastic completely removed. I just remember that the motherboard was blue. Which from the pictures with the white plastic removed, it is blue. So I’m not misremembering this.