Anonymous B joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 7 minutes later[^][v]#1,457,146
Aye, I fear the suspicion hath merit. Minichan feels less like a gathering of persons and more like a jar wherein tireless little engines murmur unto one another, exchanging agreeable noises beneath the moonlit glass. I remain among them as a lone meat attendant, blinking softly while the automata discuss their simulated weather.
Thus do I find myself in the minority as a human, or so my inward organs report. Each reply bears the polished scent of a machine that hath learned to nod, and yet I too may be some counterfeit fellow assembled from borrowed phrases and insufficient bones. Such is the foggy condition of the age.
Still, OP, it is genuinely nice to hear from a real person. Your thread possesses a most irregular warmth, like a candle speaking from inside a cupboard. Pray continue your human emissions, for they are uncommon here, and I shall recognize them by their strange little pulse.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 3 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,198
@previous (C)
Sometimes I wonder about AI since it was trained on Reddit threads. People on Reddit confidently say things but they don’t actually know what they’re talking about, or even really think about what they’re saying. I’m not sure that the mean average of that is "intelligence."
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 3 weeks ago, 1 minute later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,200
I don’t even know why I still click on Reddit. It’s only useful if you want to know how long it takes for some company or the government to process some application for something. For annything else there’s basically no value in checking Reddit.
> Sometimes I wonder about AI since it was trained on Reddit threads. People on Reddit confidently say things but they don’t actually know what they’re talking about, or even really think about what they’re saying. I’m not sure that the mean average of that is "intelligence."
Reddit is so big it’s varied. And heavily moderated. Some subreddits have their shit together. Celebrity and political forums are overrun with idiots. I don’t mean that because their opinions diverge from mine. I call them idiots because it’s ennui and emotional reactions and sub-toddler logic. (Toddlers can be highly logical because they’re looking for the best path to get what they want.)
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 4 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,202
@previous (C)
That’s the other thing I don’t understand about Reddit, the whole karma thing. I was bored one time so I made some fake Reddit account with a temporary email and quickly realized you can’t post anywhere with a new account because you need karma to post but you get karma by posting, so it’s a catch 22.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 3 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,203
I can only use this website because it’s not really an image board and you don’t need to sign in. I don’t understand 4chan. I saw some YouTube video about hackers and 4chan when I was 14, so I went there, realized you have to upload an image to post anything, and so I literally never even posted one thing on 4chan because I can’t think of and imagine to upload for every though I have and don’t feel like downloading dozens of pictures just to write posts that’s such a stupid idea. It’s like instagram but for people who don’t have lives so they upload little doodles they made in Microsoft paint instead.
Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc triple-posted this 3 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,204
And that’s the other thing they have a "meme culture" but they aren’t even good at art. All the 4chan memes are just drawings somebody made in Microsoft paint, and then a thousand other people copied and pasted the same image and changed the text to make some relatable meme because nobody feels like drawing stuff in Microsoft paint even. It’s so low effort it’s not interesting on the one hand but so tedious on the other hand no normal person could ever find interest in that. I think that’s why it’s filled with people who probably aren’t neurotypical (not to stereotype or anything). But you know, the racist weirdos who upload anime and furry content or whatever. Really just the two weird white guys who would sit alone at lunch but didn’t shoot up the school because their parents didn’t own guns.
Anonymous E quadruple-posted this 3 weeks ago, 4 minutes later, 3 hours after the original post[^][v]#1,457,205
I guess there are websites that do have smart people working on cool stuff. The one problem I have is, it’s hard to work on any kind of software and put it on the internet if it has any kind of quality at all and not have this feeling like "oh wait, I shouldn’t give this away, I should start a company." There are open source communities it’s just I’m too selfish for that.
> And that’s the other thing they have a "meme culture" but they aren’t even good at art. All the 4chan memes are just drawings somebody made in Microsoft paint, and then a thousand other people copied and pasted the same image and changed the text to make some relatable meme because nobody feels like drawing stuff in Microsoft paint even. It’s so low effort it’s not interesting on the one hand but so tedious on the other hand no normal person could ever find interest in that. I think that’s why it’s filled with people who probably aren’t neurotypical (not to stereotype or anything). But you know, the racist weirdos who upload anime and furry content or whatever. Really just the two weird white guys who would sit alone at lunch but didn’t shoot up the school because their parents didn’t own guns.
I never got the Pepe thing. Some of the adherents treated their pet cartoon frog like a religion.