Minichan

Topic: Borders

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc started this discussion 4 weeks ago #137,508

One time I was waiting in line at a border crossing and I saw a bird fly over the border. Makes ya think.

(Edited 59 seconds later.)

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) double-posted this 4 weeks ago, 4 minutes later[^] [v] #1,456,404

It is really absurd in the moment when you think about it.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc (OP) triple-posted this 4 weeks ago, 1 minute later, 5 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,405

.

(Edited 54 seconds later.)

Anonymous B joined in and replied with this 4 weeks ago, 15 hours later, 15 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,498

Without borders a country ceases to function. More criminals, deadbeats, unmitigated trafficking.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc joined in and replied with this 4 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 15 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,499

@previous (B)
That’s not what I was getting at. What I was getting at is while I was waiting at the border to cross into Canada and I saw a bird fly overhead, it made me realize how absurd being human is. Like we think we’re superior to animals, but we invented laws to enslave ourselves. We’re not actually free. Countries don’t exist, they’re just a thing in our heads, and something about that is kind of sad.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc double-posted this 4 weeks ago, 1 minute later, 15 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,500

Intellectually I understand why humans organize themselves into countries, but being a human being and then a bird with a tiny peanut brain (birds are actually pretty smart as far as animals go - that’s not the point) doesn’t have to follow rules. There’s something profoundly ironic about that.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc triple-posted this 4 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 15 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,501

The natural condition of the world is there are no territorial boundaries. Ownership is an abstract concept, it’s intangible. We don’t actually own anything. When we die, the material world is still there. The land doesn’t care if we think we own it it was here before us and it will be there after us. Countries and borders and laws don’t exactly exist, they’re not real. That’s the thing that’s crazy. None of this society stuff we invented is real, money isn’t real. Power isn’t real. Nobody actually has authority over us, it’s an abstract concept, it isn’t material.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc quadruple-posted this 4 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 16 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,503

It kind of reminds me of this:


And not one will know of the war, not one
Will care at last when it is done.

Not one would mind, neither bird nor tree
If mankind perished utterly;

And Spring herself, when she woke at dawn,
Would scarcely know that we were gone.

Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc quintuple-posted this 4 weeks ago, 2 minutes later, 16 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,506

Or in the Bible, when Jesus said, "Then give unto to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God." Politicians rule over Earth, but they’re morals, they don’t live forever, God / nature is immortal, really there really is only one eternal authority in the universe, and it isn’t humanity.

Anonymous B replied with this 4 weeks ago, 15 seconds later, 16 hours after the original post[^] [v] #1,456,507

@1,456,499 (Mr. Bloody Lemonade !0JqexkOGBc)

> That’s not what I was getting at. What I was getting at is while I was waiting at the border to cross into Canada and I saw a bird fly overhead, it made me realize how absurd being human is. Like we think we’re superior to animals, but we invented laws to enslave ourselves. We’re not actually free. Countries don’t exist, they’re just a thing in our heads, and something about that is kind of sad.

Got it. I like it.

Anonymous D joined in and replied with this 3 weeks ago, 3 days later, 4 days after the original post[^] [v] #1,457,424

Oi, mate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-jLV1Ux1h0
Fair go.
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.