Minichan

Topic: The coolest cinema shoot out scene

Anonymous A started this discussion 10 months ago #131,202

Bank robbery confrontation scene in "heat"

https://youtu.be/UDYVy954biU?si=Pup899LjPMLYf4qr

Father Dave !RsSxeehGwc joined in and replied with this 10 months ago, 25 minutes later[^] [v] #1,404,516

I've thought about it and yeah, probably that one. The entire film is a masterpiece, despite falling squarely in Pacino's shouty period.

Anonymous A (OP) replied with this 10 months ago, 6 minutes later, 32 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,404,518

@previous (Father Dave !RsSxeehGwc)

It does check the boxes doesn't it? I recently just saw it. Apparently it's the sound of real guns bouncing off real stuff. The maneuvers are also realistic in a professional way, but that's just what I heard. Just like I heard it's supposed to be Pacino and De Niro "going at each other like obsessed animals"

Idiot joined in and replied with this 10 months ago, 17 minutes later, 49 minutes after the original post[^] [v] #1,404,520

@OP

> Bank robbery confrontation scene in "heat"
>
> https://youtu.be/UDYVy954biU?si=Pup899LjPMLYf4qr

Why do I have a boner after watching that?

Anonymous A (OP) replied with this 10 months ago, 13 minutes later, 1 hour after the original post[^] [v] #1,404,521

@previous (Idiot)

Possibly because you register danger and arousal in the same pathways. Just guessing btw, could be you really just appreciate good cinema

Anonymous D joined in and replied with this 10 months ago, 5 minutes later, 1 hour after the original post[^] [v] #1,404,524

@1,404,516 (Father Dave !RsSxeehGwc)

> I've thought about it and yeah, probably that one. The entire film is a masterpiece, despite falling squarely in Pacino's shouty period.

Excellent assessment. What is it in Hollywood that makes it so once-great actors start screaming and chewing scenery around 50? Pacino, Hackman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sean Penn (“Is…that…my…dotter…in…thar???”).

Anonymous D double-posted this 10 months ago, 3 minutes later, 1 hour after the original post[^] [v] #1,404,525

Thinking of other great scenes:

Collateral: Mugging and club (also Michael Mann and the same former-SAS tactical coordinator)

Sicario 1/2

The Way of the Gun

Black Hawk Down

Small Town Crimes


I’d submit Lone Survivor but I hated seeing the SEALs get chewed up. Probably too realistic.

Anonymous E joined in and replied with this 10 months ago, 6 days later, 6 days after the original post[^] [v] #1,405,665

Predator
:

Please familiarise yourself with the rules and markup syntax before posting.