Notice: You have been identified as a bot, so no internal UID will be assigned to you. If you are a real person messing with your useragent, you should change it back to something normal.
Dodongo !ZQvsveEcD6 started this discussion 15 years ago#1,193
No me gusta. :( Some things I noticed:
-It appears to use more system resources than FF3 did.
-Pages seem to load slower.
-There is a pause when switching between tabs (it was instantaneous for me in FF3).
-The tab animation (when opening or closing a tab) is choppy and looks like anus.
Other than that, I'm liking it, but the second and third points really bug me. Hopefully the final product fixes them.
Has anyone else tried it? What do you think of it?
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ joined in and replied with this 15 years ago, 1 minute later, 3 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,026
I'm on beta 12 and it's magnitudes better than FF3.
> -It appears to use more system resources than FF3 did.
Less for me. > -Pages seem to load slower.
Faster for me. > -There is a pause when switching between tabs (it was instantaneous for me in FF3).
Instantaneous for me. > -The tab animation (when opening or closing a tab) is choppy and looks like anus.
Fluid and nice for me.
Sounds like you're doing something wrong.
Dodongo !ZQvsveEcD6 (OP) replied with this 15 years ago, 48 seconds later, 4 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,032
@23,020 (B)
I know it's in beta, I don't expect it to be perfect. Just some thoughts on it.
Dodongo !ZQvsveEcD6 (OP) double-posted this 15 years ago, 2 minutes later, 6 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,039
@23,026 (RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ)
Beta 12? I thought 11 was the newest release.
Also, I don't see what I could be doing wrong when all I've done thus far is install it.
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ replied with this 15 years ago, 1 minute later, 8 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,044
@previous (Dodongo !ZQvsveEcD6)
Nightly build. It's on 12.
Must be unlucky, because it's perfect for me.
Anonymous D joined in and replied with this 15 years ago, 3 minutes later, 11 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,053
Fucking thing uses so much goddamn resources it is not even funny.
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ replied with this 15 years ago, 10 minutes later, 22 minutes after the original post[^][v]#23,095
@previous (D)
FF4 uses less with four tabs than Chrome with one?
sim !YSimmovT2U joined in and replied with this 15 years ago, 8 hours later, 8 hours after the original post[^][v]#23,681
Firefox is shit. Chromium ftw.
Meowth joined in and replied with this 15 years ago, 32 seconds later, 8 hours after the original post[^][v]#23,683
sim !awwRightrw replied with this 15 years ago, 23 hours later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,151
Every new nightly build seems to be slower than the previous one. 2 weeks ago it opened as fast as Chrome and now it's slow again. Chrome is still fast.
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ replied with this 15 years ago, 4 minutes later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,160
@previous (sim !awwRightrw)
Still opens about the same for me.
~3 seconds for opening and loading. ~2 in Chrome.
sim !awwRightrw replied with this 15 years ago, 1 minute later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,163
@previous (RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ)
But you're a Firefox fanboi. I don't believe a word you say.
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ replied with this 15 years ago, 8 minutes later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,178
@previous (sim !awwRightrw)
I admit flaws if I see them and don't defend it where I know it's beat, but it honestly seems about as fast on the draw as it has been for the last couple of betas.
sim !awwRightrw replied with this 15 years ago, 11 minutes later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,209
@previous (RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ)
Stop being sensible.
RedFox !rFox/iQSaQ replied with this 15 years ago, 49 seconds later, 1 day after the original post[^][v]#26,211